Answered By: Jed Cridland-Hughes
Last Updated: Feb 11, 2021     Views: 2240

You may request the following types of items through the Library's Interlibrary Loan service:


  • Books

  • Audiovisual materials (e.g., DVDs, audiobooks on CD, music CDs)

  • Microfilm and microfiche

  • Musical scores

  • Theses

  • Articles from periodicals and newspapers, and book chapters


We cannot borrow ebooks through ILL at this time.


Articles from periodicals and newspapers may also be accessible electronically through one of the online resources available in the Learning and Research section of our website.


Materials published in the current calendar year cannot be requested through interlibrary loan.


If you are seeking an item that has already been published in the current calendar year, then you may visit the Can't Find It page of our website and suggest that the Library System purchase the item, if you wish.


To place an interlibrary loan request, please visit the Can't Find It page of the Library's website, or call the Reference Department at the Hughes Main Library (864-527-9258) or any of our other library locations for assistance.